Friday, September 07, 2007

Visit by Azzarro

Today after church, went to the Medici bakery for spinach pie and soymilk…quite a far cry from my idli/ dosa/ appam/ upma kind of breakfast in India. A kid at the counter, about 18-20 years old, says “You smelling nice!”. I am like “Duh!?! - I am sorry; I didn’t get that”. And then the other counter girl also joins in and says “She said you are smelling nice today”…Embarrassment explodes! GT goes back to studying the menu seriously. After about 15 seconds, I gather the courage to say “Yeah, it’s a new deo”. At which both of them burst out laughing. Sheesh. General grin all the way back to the room.

2 comments:

DoZ said...

And slaying the female population of Chicago already... The Midwest so needed you.

Anonymous said...

landed after soo many days on your post, full of surprizes, so many posts to catchup with!
ohh, come by by schaumburg on one of the weekends for idli-dosa feast