Friday, September 07, 2007

Ganja @ Chicago!

Yup…after $150 for extra baggage, lousy Jet Airways staff, a cracked suitcase, 3 stopovers, 20 hours and 40 minutes and 2 in-flight movies, I reached Chitown on the 16th of August. I moved into some temp accommodation initially after which I moved into a students hall on 1st Sep.

Tony, the guy I am renting the room from, was very helpful in helping me settle down- he’s all of 17 years old…staying away from his parents, working over the summer and saving money for his college education. Not bad at all. I didn’t want to unpack everything in this room, so haven’t started cooking-have been surviving on yoghurt, pita bread, cheese spreads, salads, apples, bananas, potato chips and “burritos”. Hopefully upmas, idlis and chutneys should kick in soon!

No comments: