Friday, September 22, 2006

For Alex, The Rock

I am thinking…I haven’t started work on my apps tonight …Seriously I often think about how I am missing out spending time with my mom, my dog and my home because of work.

I said…
so far, so good, so what.

I want
wine, woman, books, dogs, cottage in the hills, piano lessons and a 200 year old Japanese katana.

I wish I could write prose like Nabokov and poetry like Neruda.

I miss
my father.

I hear the long whistle of the train.

I wonder at life, the universe and everything else.

I regret George W. Bush.

I am the Master of my fate, the Captain of my soul. So help me, God.

I dance...I do? Nah, not my style. I like watching friends dance, though.

I sing
on my bike on the long and winding road.

I cry…no, I don’t.

I am not Elvis Presley, but my hair thinks it is.

I write stuff vaguely resembling poetry.

I confuse, he confuses, they confuse, we confuse, it confuses. Merci Beaucoup.

I need
my family.

I should visit Europe.

I (don’t) finish water in bottles. A strange and useful habit. On long nights, on long waits, on long roads that go on and on and on.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I want wine, woman, books, dogs, cottage in the hills, piano lessons and a 200 year old Japanese katana."

I am lovin it ;)

Pablo Neruda...My Dog has Died!!

"the Master of my fate, the Captain of my soul. So help me, God.

I am the mistress of my fate but with God at the helm of my ship :)

I sing: Am singing right now :)

I finish water in bottles and need more bottles, am a wateroholic :p


Lacked the usual GT touch though in parts :)

Anonymous said...

For Alex, The Rock

Yes!!!!

Kusum Rohra said...

I used to sing while a friend would drive me home on his bike, he got so used to my singing, that if I spoke he would yell "Why don't you just shut up and sing!"

I am not Elvis Presley, but my hair thinks it is.

Don't tell me it's like Kramer's in Seinfelf :D

Anonymous said...

The 'whatiteez' as in the use of singular for 'woman'. Understood? :)

Ganja Turtle said...

@Alex:"forget about books"
Yeah, i know,Alex...why do you think am still a bachelor!!
Water for survival, in bottles...wine for leisure, in long stemmed glasses...wah wah...

@silverine:
"Alex, The rock"...he really is one...
Understood! We all grow up someday :-)

@kusum: yeah,a long drive sp on a bike is so much better humming/singing instead of yakkety yak..."Kramers"-na,just a curly purly rolly polly puffy thingy....during my NCC days,its been tugged by irate instructors so many times as a mark of indiscipline...and recently its been through rounds of crewcuts and gel and set wet and what not...but its like "never say die" ;-)

Di said...

"I am not Elvis Presley, but my hair thinks it."

totally empathise with this one!! :(

Alex said...

"I am the Master of my fate, the Captain of my soul."

:)

BTW:Ganja is harmless.

Anonymous said...

You are tagged !
But of course during the weekend... :p