Saturday, February 25, 2006

On being tagged...

On being tagged by a virtually humourous & hopefully pretty woman, Ganja Turtle reacts…

At Pecos. One Afternoon.
As I enter and seat myself at Peco’s
seeking Thoreau’s aloneness
and respite from the pink slip
in my rucksack,
a voice to the left of my stool starts:

“THE 21ST CENTURY
IS A POWER HUNGRY BASTARD
THAT MANUFACTURES LONELINESS
& THEN MAKES US BUY
CATHODE RAY ROBOTS
-SELF ADMINISTERED EMOTIONAL BLOWJOBS,
THAT’S WHAT THEY ARE”

Laboured random breathing.
The elements of puking
fall into place
and a man follows them
thudding onto the floor.

And as I look around
searching for the fire exit
from this absurd afternoon,to the right of my stool:

“THE GRAPES OF WRATH WAS A
TRUE-BLUE FLUKE;
STEINBECK WROTE IT TO PAY OFF
HIS LANDLORD WHO THREATENED
TO CUT OFF HIS WATER SUPPLY
FOR UNPAID RENT”
- turns around, looks at me -
“YOU GET MY POINT????
WHY THE F*#@ DO YOU THINK
THEY NAMED A SEA SLUG AFTER HIM?”

And I wonder - why me?
I just came for a beer.

*** END***

Hero of the masses, since I don’t know anyone else who is as funny as you used to be, you are next  -  tagged with writing  a small fictional something that contains I, me, blowjob, grapes, random, power, loneliness, water, robot, and blue. Kindly enjoy!

9 comments:

silverine said...

I second what Alexis says. That was a ceative way to get out of the tight B spot :))

as I look around
searching for the fire exit
from this absurd afternoon


This is the best tag I have read so far though 'lalit' and 'If I tell Ya girl' also wrote amazingly well.You have used up the required words in three powerful paragraphs with a wry sense of humor that winds so well through the story. Great great work, Hats off!!!

And I wonder - why me?
I just came for a beer.
LOL


Do check out Geo's tag!

Mind Curry said...

"kindly enjoy"

:)

we sure did.

Ganja Turtle said...

Danks u, ppls of India...
@alexis - keep saying that! I want it to come true ;-)
@silverine - Plan B worked apparently ;-)
@mindcurry - thanks for dropping by-glad u did ;-) how do I comment on ur site - emailing is such a drag...comments blocked for spam reasons??

Prmod Bafna said...

Hmmm lovely use of words to weave a nice story! :)

silverine said...

@GT: Comments blocked due to the dandas that is going to rain on his head LOL

p.s. THANK GOD !!!! for plan B.

LOL

p.p.s my crush list was 1. Orange crush 2. Grape crush 3.I know you are reading this Mind Curry rofl

:))

Mind Curry said...

@ GT - comments disabled due to the masses posting thank you messages for me :)

@ silverine - you!! i am reading this too! hehe..that was too funny. and coz of the dandas i have removed the post itself!

:)

Ganja Turtle said...

@mindcurry - oof...what a burden tis on a man - to have teeming millions showering praises on you! Brother, I can understand...;-)

Mind Curry said...

lol..yeah..praises! atleast there is one who understandeth!

the Monk said...

cool post...