Wednesday, February 15, 2006

IMITATING THE MASTER


Written when I was a junior manager; since then GT has reached new, inscrutable highs ;-)

DUPLICATE - Cubicle Love
© Ganja Turtle

I thought of killing myself because I am only a cubicled junior manager
      and you a woman who loves the Vice President with a seafacing corner room.

I don't care like I used to; I speak in meetings louder than I
      used to and I visit the tea dispenser just to stare at the setting sun.

When the computer resets itself and revenues are down and my
      pay hikes delayed, I think of you.


ORIGINAL - Bricklayer Love
© Carl Sandburg

I thought of killing myself because I am only a bricklayer
      and you a woman who loves the man who runs a drug store.

I don't care like I used to; I lay bricks straighter than I
      used to and I sing slower handling the trowel afternoons.

When the sun is in my eyes and the ladders are shaky and the
      mortar boards go wrong, I think of you.

7 comments:

Arti Honrao said...

:) Nice work here...
Thanks 4 droppin by my blog ...
N the points u have mentioned in ur comment to my poem
"Lady At The Bay" are just perfect!!
Good work :)
Especially the "And an expectant lady would stare keenly at the sea - not turn the other way around..." part ...


GBU
Arti

silverine said...

Miss XXXX is a lucky woman to be remembered when the chips are down "only" :))

Anonymous said...

Certain realitites of life, my friend-Naukri and chokri go hand in hand.

Anonymous said...

:))

Anonymous said...

Dear "Turtle",

First off, congratulations on your decision to apply to MBA school. Soon enough, you will have aced the GMAT and moved on to bigger and better things -- those essays...

Wow, we really like your blog. It's nice to read about your adventures in applying for an MBA degree.

Allow me to introduce my team. We are the creators of a new (and revolutionary) site, called mbabuzz.com. We are creating a site dedicated to providing free, cool technologies and tools for MBA applicants like you.

We are featuring blog content, and would love to feature your blog on our site. Specifically, we would like to feature, via RSS, the first few lines of each new post, and are writing to ask if you would be cool with this. We just launched the site, but already have significant traffic, so I am certain we will be driving traffic your way if you partner with us.

Finally, apart from the above, we hope you will register with us as well, and if you like the site, feel free to link to us, or even blog about us too. (That would very much appreciated actually!)

All the best,
www.mbabuzz.com
feedback@mbabuzz.com

ashok said...

LOL...interesting!

Ganja Turtle said...

@ arti - thanks for returning the visit! ;-)
@silverine -i can think up of a long n senti reply of how men at testing times recall all that they hold precious(although in this case,its more of a "universe conspiring against you" thingy)...but I stand by my NY resolutions ;-)
@ hiren - thats life for you,mano!
@wbix - hey, u around! Cool - merci pour ta ":))"!
@alexis - hey thank you! Can do, must do, will do!
@mbabuz - I can think of several smart things to say to an automaton, but naaaaahhh....