Sunday, November 27, 2005

The Ecstasy & The Agony...

Here’s a genuine GMAT posting after a long time – over the last 2 weeks, have been at prep on and off because of work pressure etc. However just realized that almost half of my prep time is over and got to get serious.

So planned for an overdrive over this weekend (home-going plans cancelled due to floods in TN) and took both the Powerprep full length exams on Saturday. Got reasonably sexy scores-690/ 720….the metaphoric equivalents of say a bikini (but not a wet bikini – that’s 750+.)

Floated around on Cloud 7.5 for quite some time, messaging all and sundry about a fundu score etc –esp. since the Powerprep is supposed to be the closest indicator of the actual score…however just had a nagging suspicion that this might be because I have covered quite a lot of the OG (some questions being common to the OG & Powerprep).

So in a fit of masochistic enthusiasm … after the usual appams & stew @ Coffee Beanz…after the usual Mass with usual staring at local beauties (there’s one particular girl who’s caught my eye, lately)…after the usual “Hey God, tell me what the hell is going on”…I took my 1st KAPLAN CAT!

Maybe it was something in the stew…
Maybe He got offended at too much of staring during His time…
Maybe Kaplan likes to psych students with ultra tough stuff (just the way IMS does for CAT)
Maybe it just wasn’t my bloody day

Ended up with a paltry sickening 540 – UGH is not the word!

So after generally wandering all over Cochin, here I am back at my system trying to pin down where the &*$%^ I went wrong…

And until I find that out, no more updates on theatre, on how my HR guys found out my blog site or on the latest book I read…Amen to a noble resolution, Ganja Turtle!

Summary of scores till date
Kaplan Diagnostic (wimp test) – 650/ Q-39/v-42
Powerprep 1 – 690/Q-41/V-39
Powerprep 2 – 720/Q-47/V-41
Kaplan CAT1 – 540/ 28/30

Well, if nothing else have been shaken awaken by this score…okie, gotto go now and find out who hit me/ from where/ why/ how did it happen! Bhai,bhai.

4 comments:

DoZ said...

My sympathies, pal. Me just hit panick mode. If you hear of a spectacular suicide in Dallas, you'll know who. I have WASTED my life! And now I have ONLY A MONTH!!!!! Arrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggghhh...

Sujith said...

hey, all the best for ur GMAT exam.. when is it gonna be btw?

silverine said...

I was wondering what Ganja Turtle meant? Care to enlighten me? :))

p.s. Now I know what makes guys attend Sunday Mass!!! lol

Ganja Turtle said...

@ doz -Babe,suggest you have some ways/means of handling trivialities of life such as laundry/cooking/ cleaning up da house etc.Found that when I put in a system(albeit slightly expensive system)to do all this,leaves ur mind uncluttered and ready to hit the books as soon as ur back from work.Go Pachiappas!

@pupstar: Thanks pal.Needed that...heres to a 700 on KAPLAN this weekend @ Bangalore!

@Jithu:Hey thank you! Test scheduled for Feb 1st week@blr.Wish I had written it 3/4 years back when my math was shiny shiny....now rusty mind says ctrl+alt+del whenever two planes approach each other or sandra and time start tossing a coin ;-)

@silverine:Ahem...now that gives me an idea for my next post.Let me take the easy way out! As for Sunday mass...well, I firmly believe in some things(ah a whopper of a statement!)...One of them is that that God rewards some believers for attending Sunday mass with the glorious sights of his other creations...it also happens that some creations with wandering eyes sometimes take advantage of this...hope God dont mind!