Friday, December 08, 2006

Tuck




Submitted appl: 11-Oct
App turned complete: 31-Oct
Interview call: None
Decision date: 15-Dec
Like the school: Really do
Pref for admission: In top 3

Attitude 1
Tuck is a hands-on school-believes in interviewing all potential candidates. Its been 3 months since I applied and I havent even got any interview call. Results are due next week.Therefore I am as good as out -DINGED, OUT, KHALLAAS, MATTER-KILOSED.

Attitude 2
I have been emailing Tuck since 2005 on how serious I am about their program. I have interacted with their Dean directly and met up with their alumni/profs while they were in India last year. Since I have been doing all this, they dont think they need to meet me - they think I fit perfectly! I fit,therefore I am...likely to be admitted. A week left for celebrations! Yoohoo!

Attitude 3
If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;

Thank you, Mr.Kipling.

10 comments:

Alex said...

Attitude 3 would do nicely. ;)))

Kusum Rohra said...

I had a print of If on my soft board till I replaced it with Ithaka :)

I have missed so much fun, (er if you will allow me to call it that) have been reading your posts from yday, after you anniversary post I thought you did given up blahging.

All the best. And remember

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;


Ooops you have already mentioned that :)

Ganja Turtle said...

@alex-yeah,sanity prevails! ;-)
@ KR-welcome back! long time no c...yo,like u said have already mentoned it...and if maybe u shud try http://hobbes.ncsa.uiuc.edu/desiderata.html - looking forward to seeing u here!

The One said...

Gajna - Been following your blog for a while. I am submitting R2 apps for a few schools.

I am in a different mindset now, but will probably enter the MAD mindset soon.

Good luck with Tuck and the others!

Ganja Turtle said...

@ rick-hey thanks pal! tried tracing u to ur blog...coudlnt find one...all the best for R2! ;-)

b v n said...

You ROCK !! been chkin you posts off n on in the past week :) lemme link you

asiangal said...

Agree with Alex that Attitude 3 seems ideal. Best of luck! =)

Inblue said...

Attitude 2 until you are hitting F5, Attitude 3 can be falunted soon. Attitude 3 is what has made this blog, this application cycle, Its the blood in the app. Its not an optional attitude.

Ganja Turtle said...

@bvn-hey,thanks pal...we share similar tastes-catchu at ur blog soon!

@asian gal-girl with an id, without a blog-attitude 3....and sanity shall prevail! ;-)

@inblue-very nicely put,lady...thank u.

Inblue said...

Thanks.Yeah I have positively tried to make my essays as interesting as these. Lets hope.

Read the other side of me http://blueinvincibility.blogspot.com. There's my word and grey cell art !