Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Le GMAT est mort! Viva Le Ganja!

The renowned and respectable Ganja Turtle took the GMAT ON 19th June.After digitally signing, videographing, fingerprinting about 10 times and finishing a bottle of water + 3 bars of Kitkat, Ganja managed to get a score...

Overall Score - 710/ 94 percentile
Quant - 48/ 86 percentile
Verb - 39/ 89 percentile

Considering I would have been happy with exactly 700 and dreamt wild about getting a 720, this was a bonus. Considering I was scoring just about 40 in Math during prep, this was a lottery.Considering that all my prep & dummy test scores were hovering around the 660-680 mark, this was a godsend.

Thanks to all of Ganjas friends for their unstinting support - right from Arunther Dent in the US of A who reminded me that I didnt want to be stuck in a cubicle in Kerala all my life, to peoples in Bangalore who have been checking my prep once a week, to peoples who woke me up early everyday at 6am so that I could study, to peoples who made me so afraid of failing, to people who by already did "it" & set a clear example, to peoples who wished me the very best as I was about to go in. More than the fact that they did it, is the fact that I seem to be worthy of their time and effort ;-)
Thank God for everything.
Thanks to the squeaky talking characters in the Kaplan Software who shout "yaaaaaaaaay" everytime you answer correct.
Thanks to my....er....we dont want this becoming an Oscar acceptance speech, so we will hold on to that for now.

Now a man can get back to his regular work, drink, blog and books. Feels like someone just lifted a millstone off my chest - cant believe it could be such a relief to go back home after work and not study! To wake up in the morning and not study! To go home for the weekend and not study! Whew!

Ivy League, here I come!

14 comments:

silverine said...

Congratulations!!!! :)

anantha said...

Congrats and all that :)

Ganja Turtle said...

Hi Leon/Silverine/Anti!!

Danks u!

Ganja Turtle takes a gracious bow and invites you to the Bubble Cafe for a bottle of fine wine...

Now that prep is over, lets get back to da blog!

anantha said...

GT: I have kinda lost touch with Deepak, though I possess one of his email addys and all!
Till today I was not really curious to know exactly who you are. I mean I know you are from American in Madurai and all that. Now I think I know for sure. I think I know only one guy who could know Deepak. Did you and Deepak do your PG together in Trichy?

*avoids mentioning names till he can be sure*

LOL....

Rose said...

Congrats n Al the Best!!!

:)

..Me

Ganja Turtle said...

TBFKAA - I know what you're thinking and you're probably right! ;-) Am told deepaks sister got married recently...rumour has it that his folks desperately wanted a marriage in the family and since our man was hemming and hawing, the axe fell on Deepika.

Rose - danks u!!!

anantha said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
anantha said...

Aaah.. hemming and hawing??.. the man has not changed, then! LOL..
And you still did not answer this -
Did you and Deepak do your PG together in Trichy? LOL..

ashok said...

great news! well done GT!

SG said...

Great Ganja! Congrats! I am in Bangalore on August 2nd...Really dont want to come back...The gals here are freaking wonderfulllll!

venus said...

Welcome to America
and Wish you Good Luck!

Kusum Rohra said...

Congrats :)

UniQpath said...

welcome to the MBA land!!!

Dave for MBA said...

Ganja, thanks for your comment. Congrats on your GMAT. That's a real win for you. Best wishes to you on your App Journey and progress. Kick A@$%@#!%

Dave